Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A cool day in September

And I'm back! Been a few days. Not that I haven't been wearing adorable outfits since my last post, but I've been busily house-sitting, schooling and TV watching and haven't had a chance to update. So today I took a break from watching Buffy and got my awesome boyfriend to take some pictures for me.


Today is a little chilly, but I was expecting it to warm up later on in the day, so I opted for capri tights instead of footed ones. The tights came I believe from Target, a year or two ago (might be wrong about the store).  It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the bottoms of them have a band of lace that transitions from tight to skin a lot more smoothly than most tights.


The sneakers are also from Target. I love them. Comfy, casual, but black, which is always good to have. I own this particular pair of shoes in black, white and red/white/blue plaid, and I own a very similar pair from Payless that have comic book print on them. What can I say, I love sneakers. I wear sneakers with everything -- shorts, jeans, skirts, dresses, you name it, I've worn a pair of sneakers with it.

The socks were pulled out of my mom's drawer, so no clue on a brand or store there. I didn't think they were going to work (they're a little bit long, and have a pattern on them) but the pattern ended up complementing the lace nicely, so I rolled them down and went with it. I almost wore sandals, but the weather hasn't yet warmed up, so I'm glad I went with sneakers. 


You've seen the vest before -- I do really like it, and most of my outfits end up with some vest or other on top, especially in the Fall. Again, the lace on the vest ties in nicely with the lace on the tights, which I really like.

Where the dress/shirt came from, I don't know. I've had it forever (I think at one point it came down to my knees). It's comfy, though getting a little ragged these days and might need to be retired to Goodwill pretty soon. The materiel is thin, but it has long sleeves, so it's great for layering. The v neck is a little low for me though, so I threw on a CostCo camisole under it, which added to the layering effect.



I like this outfit because it can be styled a lot of different ways, just by changing the shoes. Put on sneakers, like I did, and it's very casual, ready for school or the mall. Put on a pair of heels and it's automatically dressed up, more theater or date appropriate. Since it has tights, you can even put on a pair of boots and make it warmer. Or of course you can take the shoes off entirely, as I very often end up doing.




It's also easy to add a scarf to this look since there isn't a lot going on up right around the neck. This also lends itself nicely to a necklace or two.


I like outfits that elongate my torso without shortening my legs too much. I love the length of this shirt, and I love that it's not too bulky. It's definitely warm enough for Fall in Orange County, and I can add a coat and scarf to it when it starts to get colder around here.

Thanks again to my awesome boyfriend for taking awesome photos. 

1 comment: